Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dating Sucks

I was telling my friend I never have anything to blog about.  My life is just not that exciting.  She suggested I blog about some of my dating experiences.  So, here goes: 

Once I had a girlfriend in from out of town.  We decided to go out to a club, and met some friends from my job there.  One of the guys I had been friends with for a while and always kind of had a crush on.  Well, he ends up coming home with us in my car.  His roomie and his gf are going by their place to pick up some tequila and then joining us at my house.  He starts groping me in the car.  He is all over me which I excuse because by this time we're both pretty drunk and honestly that is why I was taking him home!  I am a little pissed off that he can't be a little more discreet.  I mean we're in the backseat of a car and we're not in high school anymore but he does back off when I say something so it's all good. 

We go to my place, my friend is in the living room with a guy I hooked her up with, we're in the bedroom.  I'm thinking he's pretty drunk so I'm going to make sure I get something out of the deal before he passes out and I make him go down on me.  Lovely.  But now, I'm drunk and tired and not in the mood.  I know - selfish of me - I'm not always nice people.  So I get up and leave.  When I come back he's got his jeans on and he's digging through my purse.  I get pissed.  I'm drunk and pissed which equals stupid.  This guy was about 6'2 and 200+ lbs and I push him up against the wall and am yelling at him and digging through his pants pockets to see if he got anything out of my purse.  My friend Rodney comes in to see what's going on and when I tell him he goes off on him too.  He's yelling and telling him to get the fuck out of my house, that he's not letting anybody fuck with his friend.  So now I've got this drunk guy wearing nothing but jeans stumbling around in my front yard.  And all my neighbors are in some religous cult where the women never wear pants and always have their hair in buns.  Peachy keen.

I tell my friends that we can't leave him outside in my neighborhood like that.  Fine.  We decide to drive him back to the bar so he can get in his car.  He's really wasted and as we grab his shirt, shoes, etc. for him I find a big bag of black pills.   I don't know what they are and don't really want to.  We manage to get him in the car and start driving.  All of a sudden he starts talking shit and he's groping me again, which I am totally not in the mood for.  Rodney stops the car and tells him to get the hell out if he can't act right.  The guys starts talking shit again and Rodney pulls him out of the car and throws one punch and the guy is out for the count.  In the bushes in the country out.  I don't know what to do.  He's big.  How do we get him back in the car?  Rodney says we don't but I feel bad about it because it is around 15 miles to the bar and out in the boonies.  But there was no way we were going to get him back in the car.  So off we go. 

A couple of hours later his roomie calls and wants to know what the hell happened.  He had finally made it home.  Walked/hitchhiked back to Austin, drove and wrecked his car, lost his wallet, and couldn't remember a single thing that happened.  Next day at work he blamed it all on the pills, apologized, etc. etc. but while we got along ok at work, the friendship was history.  Just goes to show you never really know people as well as you think you do, and oh yeah

dating sucks.

2 comments:

  1. Holy jinkies. I would have made him walk back too.

    Wait, what religion can I join where I don't have to wear pants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You hate dresses and these were not cute. Think ankle-length pioneer style. Yeah. I saw one of the little girls once in a wading pool in one of those. All I could think was poor little thing. She must be A. hot and B. carrying about 10 lbs of water now.

    ReplyDelete